We have used ULS for a quick, easy and cost-effective translation service. International requests from our customers for detailed info on our brands are no longer an issue using the ULS translators. Highly recommended!
Our highly qualified team of professional interpreters interpret between more than 100 languages.
At Universal Language Solutions, our highly experienced foreign language interpreters facilitate communication with the verbal rendition of languages for meetings, conferences, court hearings, HR reviews, formal assessments, training sessions, film shoots and many other scenarios. We also supply and install the necessary equipment including sound insulated booths, sound consoles, microphones and headsets.
For conferences and larger meetings.
- Delegates are provided with headsets and microphones so that their contributions can be transmitted to the interpreting team who often work from soundproof booths situated nearby – their spoken interpretation is then instantly broadcast back to the appropriate delegates. Universal Language Solutions can provide the entire set-up including the interpreting booths, microphones, consoles and engineers.
- Industry standard best practice for simultaneous interpreting is to work with teams of at least two interpreters per language. Interpreters work for alternating thirty minute periods. When not interpreting the resting interpreter remains in the booth to prepare for the next speech and help the other interpreter if required.
- This is skilled and specialist work and experienced conference interpreters are in high demand so advanced booking is advisable. High levels of education, training and preparation are a prerequisite for this type of assignment.
For meetings and presentations with a small audience.
- Appropriate scenarios for consecutive interpreting are presentations, press conferences, speeches, court hearings, public inquiries, conference calls and interviews.
- The interpreter often takes notes while a participant speaks, and an interpretation is then given after the speaker has finished, or during appropriate pauses during the speech.
- No specialist technical equipment is required
Whispering interpreting or ‘chuchotage’ is used when one or two people do not understand the source language.
- The interpreter is seated next to the meeting participants and simultaneously renders the interpretation in a low voice.
- No technical equipment is required.
Liaison or bilateral interpreting
For small business meetings.
- Interpreting is undertaken on a one to one basis where the interpreter will interpret both ways and enable effective communication between two languages and two or more parties.